Reading time – 3 minutes
Jay Samit is the former Independent Vice Chairman of Deloitte. An American digital media innovator, he has pioneered advancements in music and video distribution, social media, and ecommerce. He is the author of the bestselling book Disrupt You!
Here are few lessons that he shares in his latest book. Future proofing you.
1. You can’t get rich by saving, you get rich by creating money.
2. You can’t become super rich by working hard; but instead by working smart.
3. See your defeciencies as opportunity, not a pullback.
4. Next big thing is spatial computing that Integrates internet with immediate surroundings.
5. Money is not a good target, following a passion brings a lots of it.
6. You can’t grow without a growth mindset.
7. There are no lives free of obstacles. Leverage these obstacles for success.
8. Failure is not a zero sum game. It teaches a lot and prepares you for the next time.
9. Fear is natural and necessary; if within reasonable limits.
10. Insight and perseverance are the only two things; that you will need to succeed.
11. Finding a right mentor gives you wings
12. Fill the void created by any new technology to succeed quickly. Like accessories for phone.
Inspiration – future proofing you by jay samit